1. Insta gives creators tips on content marketing
Influencer marketing is certainly not new, but it is still important. Also, pretty overwhelming at times. Our social media management software can help streamline all of your social posting and make the task just a little bit easier. Below are some highlights from this video shared by Instagram for Business that are helpful.
- Trust the creator. There’s a reason people follow them. From Lund: “This content is authentic, from real people, and so it performs – because who better to create content that customers love, than customers themselves”
- Turn stories into promotions. If you find a story from a happy customer, offer them money to use it. “I’d pay to share that story. So, I’d turn their content into a social ad from a brand account, and then I’d turn their content into a branded content ad from the creator’s account, and then I’d compare the two. I’d be using small amounts to test and learn from different audiences, different formats, different objectives, and when I found winners, I’d cut the rest and supercharge those.”
- Use branded content ads. Lund says they combine the most powerful aspects of a large brand audience and the resonance of a social influencer. Take advantage.
2. Instagram launches a remix option for Reels, making it look a little more like TikTok
This has been testing for a while, but now it’s official: “Starting today, Remix is enabled by default for all new reels you publish from a public account. To enable Remix on your older reels, tap the three dot menu and hit “Enable Remixing”. To remix someone else’s reel, ask them to do the same! You can turn off Remix at any time via Settings, for all reels, or the three dot menu for the individual reel. ⚡️”
Check out the video for more information.
3. Clubhouse launches creator payments
They’re trying really hard to keep creators on board and have found a way to roll out direct payments.
- To send a payment in Clubhouse, just tap on the profile of a creator (who has the feature enabled) and tap “Send Money”.
- Enter the amount you would like to send them. The first time you do this, you’ll be asked to register a credit or debit card.
- 100% of the payment will go to the creator. The person sending the money will also be charged a small card processing fee, which will go directly to our payment processing partner, Stripe. Clubhouse will take nothing.
4. TikTok most downloaded app in Q1
It’s definitely not slowing down. Also, the pandemic impact on the app market has been incredible, up 40% of Q1 last year.
5. Facebook’s Suggested posts and other changes
We actually wrote a whole blog post about this because it was so important. Go read the whole thing. Here are the highlights:
- They’re giving you more control over who can comment on your posts
- You can now sort your feed chronologically
- Suggested posts in your News Feed.
That last one is likely going to have the biggest impact on publishers. Suggested post suggestions are posts from Pages that you don’t follow but Facebook determines that you may be interested in, and they are primarily based on factors such as post engagement, related topics, and location.
Contact us to see how our social media management software tool can help streamline your social media processes.