Emojis for social media have become common and almost expected in many written conversations in today’s world. What started as a fun way to convey emotions in casual texts has become standard practice almost everywhere written communication occurs. By this year, there should be 3,460 emojis to choose from, according to Statista. The application of emojis has evolved from merely conveying emotion to completely replacing words.
It’s not just millennials who’ve hopped on the emojis bandwagon. Everyone seems to have caught on to emoji use.
Will Emojis Affect CTR?
People process visuals 60,000 times faster than text, which is enough to ensure that your content is visually appealing. Based on how the population today gravitates to anything relatable, emojis are not only appropriate to use in your social marketing strategy but encouraged. They are visually eye-catching, and they add a personal touch. Additionally, they give some personality to your content, which will increase the number of clicks, and promote engagement with your audience. Best of all, where and when you can use them can be limitless when done in the proper context.
Throwing in an emoji or two relevant to your topic or keywords will make all the difference in getting clicks and engagement, and it couldn’t be easier to do.
Emojis in SEO
Emojis will help your organic SEO strategy, so they are not just limited to use on social media. Since emojis are wildly popular among younger generations, and younger generations tend to Google just about everything, a relevant emoji will make your search listing stand out compared to those who haven’t taken advantage of this simple tool. Google is very receptive to user-friendliness, which will keep the odds in your favor. Keep in mind to use them sparingly and relevant to your topic, though. While they won’t always increase your ranking, they will undoubtedly attract clicks and traffic.
Tips For Effectively Using Emojis To Increase Engagement
- Know which emojis are most often used by your audience.
- Some emojis can have alternate meanings, depending on the generation you are trying to reach. It’s essential to make sure that you’re using the correct ones and in the correct context to accurately convey your message and minimize the risk of misinterpretation. Emojipedia is an excellent source to keep you up-to-date on emoji statistics.
- Please don’t overdo it.
- Overloading your post with emojis can be viewed as trying too hard and is a turnoff to most. Keep it simple.
- Know when to use them and when not to.
- It goes without saying that if there’s any chance emojis would come across as making light of a serious situation, definitely opt out of using them.
Track Your Performance
True Anthem: Solution makes it easy for you to analyze and re-post popular content to see for yourself which emojis attracted the most traffic and engagement. You’ll become fluent in emoji lingo in no time and will connect with your audience to drive meaningful traffic.
Sign up for our newsletter to get tips, tricks, social media news, best practices and guidelines to build the best social media strategy.